join us on our regenerative organic farming system journey
Yeo Valley Farms is fully organic and consists of 2000 acres over and around the Yeo Valley and Mendip Hills in Somerset.
We have a new and exciting role for someone to come and join our young stock rearing unit where we rear all our heifer and beef calves that are born from our two dairy units which milk 400 Pedigree British Friesian cows
The farm has excellent facilities and equipment, based in a beautiful part of North Somerset.
Jobs undertaken within the role:
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- To be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, who can work well alone and as part of a team
- A positive can do attitude with a willingness to learn and try new farming techniques.
- Previous farming experience is desirable but not essential
- Farming qualifications desirable but not essential.
- Tractor and telehandler experience and certification preferable, but training will be given if not
- Have excellent attention to detail and a high standard of work regarding cleanliness, tidiness, animal welfare, communication, etc.
- Clean driving licence essential
- Be Health and Safety conscious
- Ability to use a computer for data entry